Friday, October 17, 2008

Dear Mr. President

I can't stand being sick. I'm such a baby and my poor room-mates are probably starting to learn that. I wish my Mom was here to make me tea and soup and tuck me in. But I'm lucky, Kiki does all that stuff - even if she does make me chicken noodle soup despite my vegetarianism.

So this weekend is going to consist of studying and self-medication. I've got class tomorrow morning but aside from that, I won't be leaving the house. Resting, studying, studying, resting. I'm nervous about next week's midterms - doing poorly on the first midterm of the semester tends to set the standard for the rest of the year. I need to do well because I'm smart and when smart people do badly on tests, it makes them look lazy. And stupid. I may be lazy but stupid I am not.

Every once in a while I find myself imagining what a conversation between myself and President Bush would sound like. Usually I decide that it would consist of me shaking my head, mentioning the genocide in Darfur, looking him in the eyes and asking "How do you sleep at night?".

In my head, he has no response. In real life, they don't let people like me near people like him.

2 comments:

KiKi said...

You will do fabulous on your midterms- why? because you are so smart, and you ACTUALLY care about these classes- film=not so much caring for you, I would be in the same boat if I were taking film.
I am glad your starting to feel better.. and I know with 100% certainty that you could totally take Bush down in a fight! You go girl!
Love you

Kristy Westendorp said...

No Chicken Noodle soup by Amy's is delicious. Look for it in your soup aisle.