Sunday, December 28, 2008

Movie Love

Let's review: Sleepless in Seattle, The Notebook, Away From Her, Titanic, You've Got Mail, Pretty Woman, Penelope ... and there are hundreds more. Love stories. Epic romances that leave you breathless and hopeful that it may some day happen to you. I know some of them are more "epic" than others - you certainly can't equate Titanic with Pretty Woman, but they have the same feel don't they? Enduring, conquering love in impossible circumstances. They always make you yearn; make you wonder if it's even possible to love like that.

I love any kind of love story. I truly do. I love how uplifting and passionate they are and how they try to bring us back to a time when love used to mean something - really mean something. It wasn't just tossed around casually or used as a bribe or withdrawn as a punishment. Love used to be epic. I believe in the enduring, epic nature of love.

I believe in movie love. I believe in Love.
_

3 comments:

KiKi said...

I believe in this kind of love too Jennifer... now that I have met you...... ESSENCE... DESIRE...... PRICESS JOWEL.... TAK CARE MY SPANISH BEAUTY!!

Anonymous said...

i haven't seen Away From Her yet!!!

you and me, Pepper...you and me one day...hopefully soon. Then i can hold you...

Love,
Peteets aka SmashBoule

Kristy Westendorp said...

Did you delete my comment about how the Notebook sucks? Harsh.