Friday, June 22, 2007

New Job, Less Rain, Hot Internet Shop and Girls I Miss


Honestly, are they AGAINST opening the door in this place?! There's one tiny little fan circulating the stifling air in this whole net shop. Bah. Anyways, it's not nearly as rainy today - it's muggy and very still - and the sky is dark. Tutt, tutt looks like rain. Of course.

I went for my job interview at The Bank yesterday - it was brutal. The position is the manager of the whole IT department. I've never worked in IT. I know nothing about IT. I am the most under qualified person for this job. And yet they still hired me - for far more than I'm worth. I swear - they must have been desperate. But somehow all my customer service experience = 10 years experience in management and IT. I just don't get it. I mean, thank the Lord for my job - absolutely - but by the time they train me, I'm gonna be leaving the country. Of course, they don't know that. By the sounds of things they think I'm a lifer. Anyways, yeah - I got a new job and it's great. I just have no idea what I'm doing and I start Monday.

Whew. At least the whole interview thing is over. The whole process took an hour and a half (because he was so impressed, he called his colleague to come meet me and I had to explain my experience all over again...) and by the time it was over we were talking about dress code and cell phone usage. Nice. In the end, it's great - I got the first job I interviewed for. No more interviews for me. But I do have to wear a suit every day. 2,000 thumbs DOWN for that. I look like Tommy Callaghan in a suit. (10 points to anyone who gets the reference).

I'm signing out now cause Shealagh is looking bored. Will update later this weekend if I can think of anything gripping to say.

More than Sarcastic Today,
Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job!
and good luck for your first day tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Celtic and Dunfermline star.....is that the tommy your talking about? or are you talking about Chris Farley? i want my ten points!!!! ahahaha i'm glad you had fun on your trip and congrats about your new job. i believe that you can bullsh@t your way through it!!! remember "don't talk to me about the law, i am the law"