Monday, December 10, 2007

Ding Dong Merrily On High ... I'm Updating My Blog

Happy Holidays!! I'm home for Christmas for the first time in 2 years!! I am discovering with every passing day how much I hate the bloody snow. I hate it. I despise it. And I am apparently determined to wear sandals until my toes fall off from frost bite. So I'm cold a lot. I haven't blogged in over a month - and to be honest, I haven't even noticed. I've been so busy with work and moving into my new place that luxuries like blogging and ... well ... bathing have been far from my mind. (Only half of that is true.)

So, I'm all moved into my new apartment with Muss ('bout time!) and we're loving it so far! It keeps getting more and more "home-y" as we acquire more and more used furniture. Yay! Everything in this house has been passed down by some generous soul who either felt bad for us, or just wanted to clean out their basement. Either way, we totally scored some awesome stuff.

Since returning from Ireland, I still feel like there's not enough hours in the day. I sleep a lot because of my work schedule but I can't seem to rest. I know God is on the move BIG TIME in me, but resting in Him seems near impossible. There's a lot going on in my life that is pushing me towards prayer (a new relationship, work, family etc) so I find myself constantly trying to squeeze in time with the Lord. Even when I do manage, it feels so rushed that I come away feeling guilty and frustrated. I'll have to start planning my time better.

That's about it for now - that's my life. Blessed ... so very blessed ... but so busy. I'll try to update semi-regularly now. But no promises. Hey, if the Lord can't have my time, neither can you!

More than Jolly,
Jen

1 comment:

KiKi said...

I am so excited we are actually home for christmas too! Oh how I have missed the bitter cold and watching you fall down more time than i can count becasue you won't wear proper shoes! How the tables have turned my friend... how they have turned! :)