Monday, June 09, 2008

Because It's More Than Just A Word

I am love - throw me around like a casual Sunday
Give me away and steal me like candy
I'll push you, pull you, make and break you
You let me get so close - and you don't even know me

You let me define you and crawl up inside you
I'm feeding on feelings you think you understand
But you're mistaken, good friend, you know nothing at all
Not love, just lust or affection in a convincing mask

Use my name, lure those around you in
People love to hear my name in the same sentence as theirs
But before you know it, I've left you
Because I was never with you to begin with

You're angry now, like I masqueraded to hurt you
But you clothed me, you diguised me, you created me
And while you were busy being enchanted and misguided
I slipped from your broken hands without even moving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you write this? its intense and fantastic.
Love KiKi

Jen said...

Yes ma'am, I wrote this. It's not done yet. But thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Baby, just wanted you to know that I love you and miss you and Im thinking about you all the time. Take time to breathe sweetheart, it makes living so much more pleasurable!
I love you baby.
Mama xxxx