Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We're Still Havin' Fun ...

I think the clouds are lifting - not to be cliche but I do feel as though I've been living under a pretty dark sky these past weeks. My breakup with Shayne coupled with a messy house, messy finances, and even messier emotions = cloudy with a chance of "holy-shit-things-have-GOT-to-get-better".

I had a spectacular weekend though! I slept a TONNE, started reading The Time Traveller's Wife (be still my beating heart, I've fallen in love with another book) and did laundry. I know - riveting. But what seems common-place to you is pretty much epic to me. I never have time to do the "mundane" things other people take for granted (grocery shopping, watching t.v., cooking, getting BORED) so when the opportunity presents itself - let's just say I'm all about it. Now that I mention it - I can't remember the last time I was bored. Oh man ... this life is making me crazy.

I had a scary moment last week. I was sitting quietly in my room drinking freezing cold red wine (apparently, not the way to go) and I had a thought. I pondered the crazy way my life has been going lately and how I've had no time to myself and then I had an idea: "I wish I could just check myself into the psych ward for a couple days just so I can get some rest". DING DING DING. Those would be alarm bells. Going off. In my crazy ass head.

So, welcome to my relaxing new life. I've still got a jam-packed 2 weeks ahead of me but I'm getting more rest and staying home more. God, I love having no money - it's such a great excuse to do nothing. Anyways - has anyone else ever had the thoughts I had?

No comments: