Tuesday, July 08, 2008

For Becky (Jelly Bean)

I love the way you faithfully read my blog.
I promise to faithfully update it more.

I love the way my friends get excited for you the way I do.
I promise to allow them to love you like I do.

I love the way you bring me coffee when I stay at your place.
I promise to cut down on the sugar and cream.

I love the way you and Paul are with each other.
I promise to refuse anything less.

I love the way you love Duncan (and this other Beating Heart).
I promise to love them too.

I love the way you laugh hysterically at my dumb ass stories.
I promise to always create those moments for us.

I love the way you take a bite of my cheeseburger every time.
I promise to never become a vegetarian.

I love the way you let me transition without resenting me.
I promise to always let you do the same.

I love the way you love God. Because I know you do.
I promise to always give you room to express that.

I love you Jelly Bean. My sister. My friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you not realize that pregnant woman are very emotional....next time just do something funny.....like tell me again how you put glue on your hands and try to get them apart....

love you
more than a buck 5 80