Thursday, November 06, 2008

Hands Open, Eyes Open

So long, 23 - move over and make room for 24! While I gleefully anticipate what this next year of my life will bring, I can’t help but feel the need to pay tribute to the past year – full of drama and confusion but SO much fill-me-up to overflowing, shiny, dandy LOVE. In the spirit of the day – enjoy:

23 Reminiscents of 23

During this past year:
  1. I’ve worked 2 jobs, 17 hours a day, barely sleeping and still not making ends meet. One year ago today, I wasn’t happy.
  2. I’ve swallowed my pride and asked for help.
  3. I’ve quit 2 jobs and accepted one - overpaid, underworked and delighted. Every day.
  4. I dated an amazing guy and realized through his example, that good relationships DO exist.
  5. I’ve lived in an apartment with one of my best friends and now live in a house with one of my best friends.
  6. While living in the aforementioned apartment, we were visited more by the police than friends/family.
  7. Never once were the police there to see us.
  8. I adopted a beautiful sponsor child.
  9. I’ve started University and am an "A" student (so far).
  10. I’m settled into a Church that I love and truly feel is my home and family.
  11. I’ve developed even more idiosyncrasies – mostly involving the control/elimination of germs and bacteria.
  12. I haven’t missed living in Ireland. I’ve missed the kids and the shops – but not the lifestyle. Never.
  13. I finally launched "Every Avenue" – prayer and worship for youth. Freedom..
  14. I’ve missed my sister ever day since she’s been living in England.
  15. I’ve seen friends pregnant and then I’ve seen them as mothers. Watching them - I’ve been overwhelmed with pride.
  16. I’ve found and re-connected with long lost friends and family.
  17. I’ve been consumed with hurt, anger, bitterness and the sting of betrayal.
  18. I’ve gotten over it.
  19. I bought a laptop and now can’t believe I ever lived without it.
  20. I’ve learned that it’s OKAY that I think gay people should be allowed to get married, and women should be allowed to choose what happens to their body, and I can believe those things and still love Jesus.
  21. I’ve watched the U.S. change the course of history by electing an African American President. Hope on a podium. Hope for Darfur. Hope for my generation.
  22. I have made new friends and been accepted into their families.
  23. I have loved deeply and recklessly and I’ve been loved the same way.

2 comments:

KiKi said...

WOW... YOU HAD AN EPIC YEAR MY FRIEND!! I love watching you grow more and more into the person God created you to be! Such a privilage! I love you and watch out... 24 IS GOING TO BE JUST FABULOUS!! FREEZE FRAME!

M.A.I said...

That year was okay....No Jason STAT HAM?