Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To The Left, To The Left.

*
I have an irrational fear of the dentist. Like, I'm the girl sitting in the waiting room quietly sobbing into a 6 month old Us Weekly. I don't know what it is. It's not THAT uncomfortable, but I cry through the entire appointment. The tears start right after giving my name to the receptionist and stop when I'm driving home. And don't even get me started on when I'm actually IN the chair. I shake uncontrollably. We're not talking a little quivering, we're talking full body SHAKING.

The last time I went, I cried and shook so much that the dentist had to leave the room for 20 minutes (read: an ETERNITY when you're about to get a needle in the gums) because he was laughing so hard. Imagine the crying and shaking and me trying to say through that terrible dental dam "I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me. I know it's not going to hurt that badly. I'm so sorry" and all the dentist hears is "Ah owwy, ah ohn oh as ong eh ee ...". Just typing about that rubber trampoline they put over your mouth (read: half way down your throat so you can't swallow or breathe) makes my mouth water and my stomach churn.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm about to make my first dental appointment in 2 years. Scratch that. 3 years. Oh God ...
_

2 comments:

M.A.I said...

Dude we are so opposites! I can handle anything they stab at me with. Like I wonder about myself because I have a very VERY high tolerance for the pain; is there something I don't know about myself? Seriously.

KiKi said...

Dental trampoline really is the highlight of this post in my personal opinion!
I hear you man, I DESPISE the dentist with everything in my being- at least you didnt have to get your wisdom teeth ripped from your face!!!
You will be just fine man... You have great, beautiful teeth, and at least its not like the dentist in Ireland...FRIGHTENING!!!! eeeep! Thats why there is so much tooth decay there, everyone is too scared to go and see the dentist! BAHH!