Monday, January 12, 2009

Imagine

A conversation about John Lennon.

Me: Did you know that Mark David Chapman (*the man who shot and killed John Lennon*) still receives death threats in prison to this day?!

Loud Guy: That'd be like my Mom writing death threats - she'd be about Lennon's age.

Me: Yeah, but there's a whole new generation of Beatles fans that probably write to him now.

Loud Guy: Yeah, knowing your generation, they were gonna write a letter but they just couldn't be bothered. Instead of a letter he got an e-mail. And all that e-mail said was:

Dear Mark,

:(

Signed,
A New Generation of Beatles Fans.


**Loud guy is so rarely funny, but this tongue in cheek commentary on my generation was oddly fitting AND hilarious.
_

3 comments:

M.A.I said...

You nick name(ed) him Loud Guy? Lol.

Kristy Westendorp said...

I like the nick name. Did you know 6% of visitors on my website found it through you? Say what? How many of them do you think will give me money? I'm guessing somewhere around 0%. So I guess I'm saying...thanks for nothing Jen.

I joke because clearly I love you so much and so deeply.

Edgar and Me said...

That is too funny. It's true...I hate writing letters but I will send an email anytime.