Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stars and Stripes

"Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations." - Barack H. Obama

About 45 minutes ago (my time), the US made history and inaugurated the 44th President of the United States. He's unconventional, unwavering and under a lot of pressure to sort out the cluster-fuck that has become the US economy. I personally wish him all the best.



Today I wish I was American.
Today I wish I was there.
Today I wish that the kind of hope I feel for the US, could be the kind of hope I feel for Canada.

It's the beginning of his term and he's already a history-maker.

Today I prayed God would protect him and his family from the slander, scandal, violence, and defamation that tends to befall those in leadership.

And today I prayed he'd live up to the hype.
_

1 comment:

M.A.I said...

Very articulate Miss Gibson.