Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Art Of Showering

I don't understand it. I simply can't wrap my mind around it. Why? Why does it always happen? It seems that every morning, 7 days a week, when I get up to have a shower, every single other person in the building has synchronized their shower time! I mean it! You're probably reading this thinking "Oh that Jen, she's just exaggerating - it can't be that bad!" Allow me to correct you, my friend. I can't think of the last time I had a shower that didn't involve squealing and screaming when the hot water would deplete to nothingness with absolutely NO warning. This morning was especially delightful as I was running late and just as I turned on the shower, so did Not-So-Hot-Doctor above me. For some reason, his need for hot water trumps my own and my shower turned to ice. Immediately.

So, the only logical thing for me to do was step out of the shower (read: throw myself through the shower curtain, on to the gripless bathroom mat and subsequently smash my body into the towel-less towel rack) and turn off all the cold water in hopes that some hot water will remain. I ended up with luke warm water (running only the hot tap) for about 35 seconds (just long enough to get shampoo in my eyes) until Not-So-Hot-Doctor decided he'd had enough and turned off his shower. Suddenly, what was luke warm turned scalding hot and what used to be skin, turned immediately to jerky.

I hate our shower. My hair is frizzy and my whole body hurts from hurtling out of the shower for the second time, only to find that my last exodus from the tub had left a menacing puddle on the floor where I happened to step. Awesome. Bruised, frizzy and traumatized from bathing.

So next time you take a shower, remember how lucky you are to have consistent hot water.

More than Frazzled,
Jen

No comments: