Friday, February 09, 2007

Happy Friday!

So, I recently reviewed a blog that tarnishes the name of Jortosh and I left it feeling sad. I read all the comments again about what we're doing here in Ireland and I am so concerned with this whole thing. We have parents rallying against us - thinking that our motives with their children are sinister. Most seem to be speculating that not only are we trying to convert their children, we're trying to assault them also. I find it very distressing that when someone tries to come into a neighbourhood to make a positive difference, the first thing people do is assume they're trying to hurt their kids. I guess I wouldn't understand because I am not a parent but still. It doesn't change the fact that we're good people and we're hurt by this drama.


Anyways, on to something less serious. I heard some things a few days ago that I've been waiting years to hear. My Mum called and we talked about school and God and my trouble making responsible decisions and do you know what she said to me?

"Jen, you're a free spirit and you always have been. You need to stop viewing that as a bad thing! I raised you that way on purpose - I wanted to you turn out the way you have. Now, all you need to do is harness your energy and passion and figure out a way to make it work for you. I've never been disappointed in you, not ever. And don't worry about going back to school - I know you're worried about student loans and committment - but Jen, hundreds of girls do it every day! You're not alone! If they can do it, you sure as hell can too! You're going to be just fine - I promise. I raised you to be a fighter."

And yes, she did. At the risk of sounding like a bad Christina Aguilera song, I am a fighter. My Mum raised to me to fight my way out of any situation that seems impossible - granted sometimes I fight when there's no battle, but still. I need to stop worrying so much about school stuff - when it's right, I'll do it. And rest assured there'll be no stopping me when that day comes.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

More than well,
Jen

No comments: