Monday, February 12, 2007

I will NOT start this post with "Happy Monday" because that would suggest that today is HAPPY and my friends, it is anything but!! My gosh, I had a movie moment this morning on the way to work. I was walking to the train station - it was raining and windy and I was already feeling miserable - when I stopped to wait for cars to pass so I could cross the street. As I was waiting (already dripping wet) a car came by at high speed with no regard to the huge evil puddle laying in wait about 2 feet away from me. The car tore through the puddle and, as you can probably guess, the water splashed up into the air and came down all over me. Dirty Dublin street water. It was disgusting and the cherry on top of my wonderful morning.

I managed to make it to the train station without incident after that. Thank God.

But, I had a wonderful weekend. I worked on Saturday and then spent Saturday night, Sunday morning and much of Sunday afternoon watching the SOIH. I know, I'm pathetic. But Tina hasn't sent the new season of Gilmore Girls yet so it's not like we can all indulge in that together. Speaking of Tina, I had a great talk with her last night. When it comes to Tina, I always wait way longer than necessary to talk to her about my future plans. Reason being, Tina is my idol and if she says I am capable of doing something - then I am. No question. But if she doesn't think it's a great idea, I seriously consider giving up on it. She hasn't steered me wrong in the past! So here's how the conversation went:

Me: I'm thinking of going to Business School .... (waiting in apprehension for Tina's repsonse)

Tina: Jen, I think that's the smartest thing you've ever said!

Me: Really?! I'm so glad you think that Tina!

Tina: If anyone has a head for business, management and leadership its YOU Jenny! I think you'd be great at that!

Me: Oh I'm so excited you feel that way!! I think Muss and I might open a restaurant or Bed and Breakfast or something!

Tina: I think that's a great idea Jenny.

It was EPIC! It's so nice when someone you care about so much expresses enthusiasm when you share your heart. I am delighted that I have Tina's support and, because she knows me so well, I now have the confidence that if she thinks I can do it, then I can. End of story.

So, that's my good news. I got support from my Mum and Sister in the span of a week! It's been great. It makes me even more homesick though because all I want to do now is hug Tina!!

Anyways, I need to get back to work, things are piling up. Have a great week everyone!

More than Well,
Jen

1 comment:

Shealagh O'shea said...

that is amazing you and muss will do an amazing job and it will be a great learning experience for the both of you and I am so proud of you that is a big step to take but I know you can do it.