Wednesday, April 18, 2007

BWAD and TGFTTT

Yes, I know that's a lot of acronyms for one title but bear with me - it may be madness but there is method in't. Today is the best day and the worst day all at the same time. Best day because my hair is clean and straight and smells nice AND I used kids detangler this morning (as usually brushing my hair right after I get out of the shower is like trying to tame a rabid jungle cat with q-tip) and it totally worked!! Pain and tear free - just like the delightful green bottle promises.

Anyways, today is also the worst day because I can't seem to get anything done!! I am christening today "Blatant Work Avoidance Day" or BWAD. I have a stack of work to do but I am essentially saying "Hey, I don't care about YOU! Westjet.com is much more interesting." Which, truthfully, it is.

Also, today is the much anticipated return of Thank God For Three Things Tuesday!! (For a delightful spin-off of this tradition visit Muss' blog and check out the post entitled What The Hell Wednesdays!) Here's the three things I am thankful for today:

1) My boss. She is a delightful person who laughs too hard at inappropriate things and displays genuine shock (and a little concern) at the fact that I keep coming in and donig my job every day. It's been a week and she can't believe I haven't quit by now. She makes this fun.

2) Muss. She texts me at like 2am (my time) and expects that I will call her back. And the best part is - if I wake up to that text, chances are I WILL call her back. I am so thankful that she is the one person who can spark such a reaction from me.

3) Starbucks. If I haven't mentioned it already - there is a subsidised Starbucks in the basement of our office. It's amazing - you just go down there and let Michael (the friendly and oddly un-creepy manager) make you a Grande Mocha complete with whipped cream (at no extra charge!). So you get service, subsidised S'bucks and a smile all of for €2.20. It doesn't get much better than that.

I know you're still waiting on the pictures of my beautiful dress but I haven't grabbed the c.d. from Tasha yet. I will try to do it tomorrow. I've got women's group tonight so I won't be uploading anything.

Anyways, Muss - I will try to call you tonight. If anyone else is reading this ... uh ... thanks.

More than Productive,
Jen

No comments: