Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The New Job and Other Ramblings

So I've started my job at The Bank and it's great. I'm serious - this job is IDEAL for anyone who is as anti-social as I have been lately. It's stupid. I am repelled by most people/gatherings. I hate this "season" because I go through it every year and never seem to come out of it without having hurt someone I love. Well, I guess I will just have to plow through again this year and see what happens. We've had Joe and Jill with us for the past week and it was fabulous - I say WAS because they left today. It was nice to have 2 people we love so much within shouting distance for once. I admittedly didn't manage to emerge from my self-isolation long enough to spend much time with them (bummer, sorry lads) but I also have the convenient Work Excuse. See, Kiki and Tasha were able to take time off from work to spend with them whereas I didn't have that luxury. Now that I think about it, I really didn't spend much time with them at all. Ah man .. what a waste.

Aside from all that, I am breezing through my piles of work at a pace that impresses and worries me. If I get through this stuff too fast I will put myself out of a job. I am only on a 6 week assignment and from the way things are looking right now - I will be done within the next 2 weeks. Eeek! So, I bought a beautiful dress the other day. Honestly guys, it's breath taking. I saw it and I just KNEW. I shall now refer to it as the Dress of Fabulousness or DOF. It fits me perfectly and there was even a matching shawl (convenient for those of us that loathe and detest their arms). Now I am just looking for shoes. High Heels. BLACK. HIGH. HEELS. I know, normally the world would crumble before I would ever wear a girly dress and heels at the same time but take cover my friends because the time is nigh! I don't have any special occasions coming up to wear the DOF and heels to - but maybe the girls and I will get all dressed up and hit the town in Greece or something. I just thought it was about time that I bought myself something pretty and feminine. I will be posting pictures of the DOF and it's besotted owner some time this week so keep your eyes peeled. It's bound to be fabulous.

I should dash as I am at work and posting this long blog entry from my work email. Ah yes, making good use of company time and resources. AS USUAL. Speaking of "dash" - here's a little "did you know?" for the road. We call Pepsi from the tap "fountain pop" in Canada but here it's called DASH. Isn't that crazy?? "No ma'am, we don't have bottles of Pepsi but can I get you some "dash" Pepsi?" Why yes you can adorable Polish waitress. Yes. You. Can.More than Besotted, (great word eh Muss??) Jen

No comments: