Friday, April 27, 2007

TGFTTT and The Catch-Up!



Ok ok ... so working at a place that doesn't let you update your blog sucks! But, I have the best job so no complaints here. Anyways. This past week has been mental and I've been sucked into a dimension that consists of exhaustion, annoyance and pizza. Lots of pizza. For some reason I ordered pizza like 4 times this week. Today we ordered it as more of an anestethic than anything (I can't explain now but I will later. However, I made a fairly big decision. I am going to try and write short stories about life - little anecdotes of craziness - and I think I may try to get them published. I don't know, I'm not taking any of this seriously but I recently received an email from the University of Toronto regarding a scholarship for creative writing. Basically they want to fly me to Toronto to interview for this scholarship. I don't want the scholarship - but it was an honour to even be considered for such a coveted award. I'm not interested in pursuing writing as an educational discipline - once I start taking classes it becomes like work. And I don't write because I want to be a writer - I write because it's a form of self-preservation.

Anyways.
Thank God For Three Things Tuesday (I know it's late...):
1) My new phone - it makes cute noises when you open it!
2) My dad - he's healthy and happy and we have a pretty good relationship. I am very lucky.
3) Muss - She's always around when I need her, she gets me without me having to try and she genuinely loves me. Again, I am so very lucky.

I left my purse on a Dublin Bus this past week and it got royally nicked. So I had to go out and buy a new cell phone and everything. I was so mad I cried. And I haven't been that mad in a long time. Aside from that I've just been so tired for no reason. I think I am running on empty right now - need to head out to England to re-fuel. Chris gets deployed next week and his regiment is under a pretty big threat due to high profile soldiers etc (I can't get into details obviously but just trust me). I'm worried about him but not as worried as my Mom - she must be wrecked.

That's really all that's going on at the moment - I think we're all tired and ready for our mini break to England at the end of May. I am delighted to have 4 days with Mom and hopefully some sun tanning in the back yard. I will post more when ... more happens.

More than Boring,
Jen

P.S. Want to make your own candy hearts?? Click right here !

No comments: