Thursday, March 15, 2007

Jen and Muss' Long Distance Lemon Garlic Pork Chops

Yesterday my beloved Muss coached me over the phone as I attempted to make pork chops. Alone. So, I documented the whole thing with pictures to prove that a) I DO listen
2) I actually cooked once
c) I love Muss enough to look like a huge nerd by taking pictures at various stages in the cooking process.


First, I took the pork and "trimmed the fat" (yes Muss, I am giggling right now) and I chopped up garlic after "Mussing" them to get the peel off. I then doused the pork and garlic in lemon juice, covered in tin foil (saran wrap would have worked wayyyy better) and shook it all up!!


Then I carefully placed it in the fridge to marinade for 5 minutes


When I removed it from the fridge, it looked like this.


Then I placed on a very awkward pan (hey, you work with what you've got) and placed in the dirty oven.


30 minutes passed ....


And out came beautiful, garlicy, lemony pork goodness. Which I arranged beautifully on a plate with some asparagus.


I then proceeded to eat it with Muss on speakerphone.

And, just for fun, here's my work and a picture of Andrea eating my face at the pub.




That's all for now, hope you enjoyed that glimpse into my life ...
More than Able,
Jen

2 comments:

M.A.I said...

That was clearly the best play by play I have ever witnessed. I mean being on the phone was great and all but to actually see the magic happen? That rocks.

Anonymous said...

You're both the biggest losers ever...but the food looks good.
4 thumbs out of 7.