Monday, March 12, 2007

My Muss, Her Painting and the Recognition She Deserves

Here's a goofy poem to celebrate you getting the GOLD MEDAL in the Chocolate Sculpture/Painting arena of the 29th Annual Culinary Salon in Winnipeg!!


A Long Time Coming - By: Adoring Fan Jen Gibson

They challenged you to make a picture
Something of chocolate glory

You rose to the occasion as you always do
And inspired this little story

You toiled over chocolate sweet
Dark, milk and white would do
Melting, shaping, sculpting, molding,
And I'm sure some eating too!


You needed not colours of red or of green
Artificial or otherwise
You relied on pure talent and culinary knowledge
Requiring no elaborate guise

A picture was formed from that sweeth chocolatey mass
A geisha white emerged
Beautiful, tasteful - oh so alluring!
All anomalies painstakingly purged

The day of professional judgement came
And when presented among those in its class
It stood out! It astounded! And dare I say...
IT TRULY KICKED CULINARY ASS!!


Your masterpiece, subject of nerves and toil,
Delivered to you - victory!
"They" had finally taken notice
And awarded a Gold Medal to ye

So I'm miles away but glowing with pride
I wish I could be there to say
I love you, I miss you, and just one more thing
FELIPE YOU BASTARD - MAY YOU ALWAYS RUE THIS DAY!!



** I hope this little tribute (another one?!) brought a smile to your face.

2 comments:

M.A.I said...

I. Am. In. Love. With. You.

Anonymous said...

Muss pretty much rocks the culinary world, but J.J. you have to be the funniest person I know. I love you both.