Friday, March 16, 2007

St. Paddy's Day Is Upon Us !!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!! I hope you guys in Canada have a blast and celebrate our time old tradition of scouring Old Navy for a St Paddy's shirt that just might fit. Perhaps one that looks like this:

Yes, I think these are the perfect Paddy's shirts. The Irish would be proud to see a slew of Canadians traipsing around wearing them.

This weekend will be madness but thank goodness for Bank Holiday Monday! A long weekend is MUCH needed by me! (We're all going to pretend I didn't call in sick to make pork chops on Wednesday.) So I am trying to stay as far away as possible from the festivities. Last year was enough mayhem to last me all thru this year too. It's funny how into St. Paddy's Day Irish people get. I mean, I thought those of us who didn't live in Ireland were making fools of ourselves by getting dressed up and dyeing our beer green but NO - the Irish do it too!! Granted, 75% of the population is foreign so I guess that's what it is - all us foreigners are making the Irish look bad - and apparently they don't like it because it has resulted in funny (but terrible) t-shirts like this one:


In case you can't see it - yes, it does say "Don't Kiss Me, I'm Polish". Nice hey? Oh Ireland, you never fail to impress me.

Anyways, have a great St. Patrick's Day for me girls!! Stay away from the pubs (Lord knows I will!) and make sure you obtain at least one item of clothing that says "Kiss Me I'm Irish" on the front. Do it for me!

Oh! And I'm making steak and caesar salad tonight so Muss - expect a call from me!!

More than Culinarily Impaired,
Jen

No comments: