Friday, May 18, 2007

A Dress, A Mom and 4 Days of Excruciating Pain (May 17th)

Tina finally got the dress I sent her! Let the heavens open up to display the angels rejoicing and a single golden tear rolling down Christ's face. It's about time! I was so scared she wouldn't get it in time for my Dad's wedding in June - which I realize is still weeks away but still! She has it, it's lovely and she's going to look beautiful. As usual.

So I'd like to extend a welcoming hand and introduce you all (Muss, Tina, Shay and sometimes Sandra) to my Mom! She has entered the blogosphere and actually READS MY BLOG. So make her feel welcome - leave her a comment or two at the end of this post. Ah my readership - so loyal, so funny, so scarce these days ... I was kicking myself last night when I talked to her on the phone and realised that she's going to go back and read the archives of this blog (as any proud Mom would) and she's going to notice 3 things:

a) Her daughter is LAME.

2) Her daughter consistently struggles with double negatives and too many exclamation marks.

iii) Her daughter doesn't talk about her Mom nearly enough. Except for the time she crashed her Mom's car after joyriding in it without permission. And even then she blogged about it and acted like it was funny when her Mom still isn't able to laugh about it.

It's been nice knowing you all ...

**Stuff you really don't NEED to know warning** So, it's "that time" for me and any of you who know me (and hopefully that's all of you that are reading this ... it weirds me out that people I don't know may read this and start to feel like they know me - which is fine! I love lurkers ... but I especially love lurkers who make themselves known and don't figure out where I live from the info on this blog and come and cut me to pieces in the middle of the night) you understand that "this time" is very special and almost sacred (as I vowed that if I ever experience "this time" and "this pain" again, I wouldn't complain because God is blessing me with increased chances of having babies some day). However, "this time" is extremely painful. Blindingly so. Yesterday a couple of guys from IT were talking to me about nerdy computer stuff and I got such terrible cramps that I WENT DEAF. Seriously. I couldn't hear. I had to ask them to repeat everything which means I had to sit through their nerdy lecture all over again! I don't think they understood that the 2nd time they explained NT versus some other kind of something, I was crying out of BOREDOM not pain. Anyways, it's been 4 days and the pain hasn't lessened. I swear if I hadn't made that vow to the Lord, I would scream at the top of my lungs until I went hoarse and passed out. Anything but grinning and bearing it.

That's all I've got for now - but I am going to get something super cool this weekend so stay tuned for pictures. And no Mom, it's not another "bloody tattoo the size of your bloody head".

More than Cramped,

Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY it's not sometimes Sandra! I'ts when she has a chance Sandra!!! Hi Jens mom! You know what helps with cramps... NOTHING! hahaha sorry, just my sinister humour again. "We aren't so different you and I" I usually take a butt load of Advils, and then slowly pass out into a drug induced sleep! BEST SLEEP EVER!! lol. Breathing like your in labour helps sometimes... laying there and going ow ow ow ow, also helps sometimes.. haha, alls i know is that when my cramps come i've learned to not complain, not because its means what yours mean (in fact its quite the opposite) but because franctly there is nothing that can be done. I am grateful for so many other things in life (you, Stephan, Chile...etc.) that this is a sacrafice that i have accepted. Thanks Jen for helping me have faith again! Oh and Jens mom, if you think her tattoo is big you should see my sister-in-laws, its her whole back! My brother and her have... 12 in total!!! Imagine my parents shock when they came home with those! hahahaha....

Anonymous said...

sorry my spelling sucks soo bad!

Jen said...

Another reason I love Sandra so much? Comments like those ....

M.A.I said...

BONESSA!!!

I am welcoming you to the Blogging World! Welcome Welcome Welcome... I'm sorry it's late but I'm hoping you'll think of me in my brother's t-shirts and forget the lateness. You are now one of us bloggers and methinks we should get club t-shirts (my size). Or Jen, Sandra and myself can get shirts and you can "borrow" ours and we'll never see them again. It works out well for you.

And if you hadn't noticed, this is "MUSS! GET IN THE CAH!"