Sunday, May 13, 2007

WWAMW (May 9th)

Here's another little installment of What's Weird About Me:

1) The guy that sits across from me in the office is the NICEST guy. He goes out of his way to make sure he smiles and says "Good morning" to me EVERY day. But for some reason, I have made it my goal to avoid that enigmatic smile and greeting - I purposely try not to meet his eye. I make a game of it. Not because I don't want to say "Hello" or I find him unpleasant in any way (he's actually gorgeous) but I am intent on seeing if it's possible. So far I've broken down every time cause I can just feel him glancing at me to see if he can catch my eye long enough to corner me into a "Hi". He always wins ... and so the game continues.

2) I daydream a phenomenal amount for one person. Sometimes I will leave my desk, go to the bathroom and sit in the stall (on top of the toilet) and just daydream for like 15 minutes. At a time. I do this throughout the day. I PURPOSELY SET ASIDE TIME TO DO IT.

3) I love acronyms. Love them. Use 'em every chance I get.

4) I used to read the dictionary. And the phonebook. The phonebook was more so to make fun of people with funny last names like "Pooran" (we pronounce it poo-ran as in if poo had legs and it ran - someone would say "Where's Poo?" and his friends would answer "Poo ran!!". Anyways, I don't read the dictionary anymore cause frankly I don't own one AND I am addicted to www.dictionary.com (it's everything I love - definitions, a thesaurus, ONLINE). But sometimes when someone asks me what a word means and I don't know, I make up the definition that sounds the likeliest in the context (I break down the word to figure out what it might mean - yes, this sometimes means breaking it down into LATIN if I happen to recognize part of the word) and tell them that's what it means and then I am obsessed with getting to a computer to find out if I was right. I lead a sad life.

More than Worried About Myself,Jen

No comments: